The College aims to seek out and nurture the gifts and abilities of every single student, enabling and encouraging them to continue acquiring the skills, knowledge, selfconfidence and articulateness needed to enable them to be a productive, capable and responsible member of society.
Set on the outskirts of Makhado bordered on two sides by pristine acacia bush veldt, the college campus looks out towards the Soutpansberg mountain range, providing a metaphor for our style of education; “which from the intimacy of a small school looks out to the wider world and the heights to which our students aspire.”
We offer the internationally benchmarked Cambridge international curriculum alongside the South Africa IEB, which aims to make our students problem solvers and independent creative thinkers in preparation for tertiary education and the workplace.
Ridgeway College School Career
Form 1 (Grade 8)
- Students follow a broad-based introductory curriculum.
- Subjects are chosen at the end of Form 2.
Form 2 & 3 (Grade 9 & 10)
- Students follow the Cambridge IGCSE (two year syllabus).
- The curriculum encourages students to use an investigative approach to problem solving. The emphasis being on initiative and application of skills to solve problems.
- Students write the final IGCSE exams at the end of form 3 (already contributes to their APS scores in South Africa.)
Form 4 & 5 (Grade 11 & 12)
- In Form 4, Students can choose between two examination systems according to their individual needs. Cambridge AS Level or local IEB.
- Both systems are recognised by South African and International universities.