To all our Ridgeway Parents:
- On Tuesday in assembly, I arranged for an Old Girl of our school, Dr. Fatima Chhaya, to address staff and pupils on basic health and safety measures as well as signs and symptoms. She was superb in her presentation, giving calm, clear advice which can be found on our website. She detailed what the virus was, what common symptoms were and what sensible measures we could all take to contain it.
- A notice will be placed in all our classrooms giving a website our pupils can follow for updates on the spread of the virus as well as the toll free number to phone for advice (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus)
(0800 029 999)
- I have been in contact with ISASA and the IEB and will assess and make a call on each of the planned public events on our calendar based on medical advice as well as advice from ISASA, ensuring timeous notification to parents
- I have drafted an addendum to our Health and Safety Policy that will include dealing with infectious diseases
- We are investigating ways of ensuring that teaching can continue in the event of a pupil or staff member being isolated.
Please be assured that we are doing all we can to educate our learners and to prepare as best we can but that we need to keep calm and keep perspective.
Herewith a link to the presentation presented by Dr. Chhaya