CIE (Cambridge International Exam System) is part of the University of Cambridge UK. It is one of the oldest and largest International exam boards spread over 160 countries worldwide.
CIE courses are renowned for developing such vital educational skills as independent thinking, the application as well as the absorption of knowledge, skills and values, problem solving, initiative, teamwork and investigative skills.
- Cambridge IGCSE (International Certificate of Secondary Education) is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16 year olds.
- It is recognised by leading universities and employers worldwide, and is an international passport to progression and success.
- Developed over 25 years ago, it is tried, tested and trusted by over 10 000 schools worldwide.
- The Cambridge syllabus places considerable emphasis on practical skills.
- Our physics, chemistry and biology laboratories are well equipped.
- Within three years students reach a level of practical skills comparable with second year University students.
- Our computer laboratory has 45 computers which are regularly upgraded.
- Information technology is compulsory until form three.
- Monitored Internet access is available.
Cambridge AS levels
- Cambridge AS levels are recognised internationally as a premium University entrance qualification.
- The curriculum develops a deep understanding of subjects and promotes independent, critical thinking skills.
- It aims to produce students who are:
- Equipped for future challenge.
- Engaged intellectually and socially.
- Ready to make a difference.
The Cambridge International curriculum enables us to benchmark our students against their peers in private schools in 160 countries around the world.
The IEB is an independent assessment body. The IEB offers external assessments in accordance with legislation and Umalusi directives for Schools registered with at Grade 12 for the National Senior Certificate.
Independent Examinations Board
- The Independent Examinations Board provides a designedly transformative curriculum based on the South African National Senior Certificate.
- It is internationally benchmarked while locally oriented.
- Produces consistent, reliable results and is preferred by universities.
- In sharp contrast to the extremely high drop-out rate prevalent in South African Universities, the average throughput rate over a 3 year period of learners from IEB schools was 98% – only 2% did not complete their degrees in the specified time frame. Average pass. Rate is between 97% and 98%. Pass with entry to degree study, between 78% and 80%.